Elbo Controlli 66B/68B Tool Presetter
Mechanics/electronics/optics standard equipment:
- Machine structure in stainless steel offering high mechanical and long life, floor mounted with
- adjustable supports in non-deformable steel.
- Base and column made of natural granite: linearity max error 2μm/Mt – certification with
- Taylor Hobson res.1μm/Mt. electronic millesimal level.
- ISO/BT Interchangeable rotating spindle-holder (size to be specified) max. run-out error < 2μm.
- Double vault arc prismatic slideways : 2 for X axis slideways, 1 for Z axis slideway.
- Double re-circulating ball bearing slides, lubricated for life, X axis = 3, Z axis = 2 (preloaded slides/slideways: P/H class).
- Universal mechanical tool clamping (standard pull-studs).
- Pneumatic-mechanic braking of the spindle-holder rotation with error radial compensation of the
- Clamping force: no axis angular run error.
- Constant load Archimedean spiral spring (as opposed to a mass counter-balance system).
- Vision-system for tool measuring and cutting inspection consisting of:
- C-MOS sensor – Framed image area 6.4 x 6.4 mm
- Magnifications about 30X.
- Telecentric lens.
- Doublet lenses at low F/Number in order to eliminate the error of the clearness circle.
- Episcopic illuminator with ring lens and red LED’s: diascopic illuminator with red, puntiform light LED.
- Machine operator interface through:
- TFT 15” colour Touch Screen. - Intel Atom D.C. fanless motherboard
- UBUNTU LINUX operating system. - Data storage on solid state disk SSD.
- Standard software:
- CNC machine origin management and adapters.
- Tool list creation and/or single tool.
- TdSIX software built-in to manage:
- Tool sets and Post Processor universal generator.
- Case Studies
Our 66B/68B Tool Presetting machines has been developed as the 'entry level' higher spec option for our advanced tool presetting machines. Compared to the lower E346i and E460N models the construction and design offers considerable advantages:
- Designed to be completely free-standing on its own integral base; the 66B/68B features ground granite and stainless steel construction combined with a large digital camera and touch screen menu system – these new electronics provide operational and functional simplicity that is second to none.
- The high precision spindle system is fully interchangeable and utilises a one piece cartridge with full mechanical tool clamping (pneumatically drawing the tool pullstud into the taper cone) - eliminating the need for adaptors and the errors associated with their use. The construction of this system has to be 'seen to be believed' and is more akin to a machine tool spindle than a tool presetter spindle!
- All axis movements on the 66B/68B are servo controlled with absolutely no operator contact with the column. This drastically increases machine accuracy and repeatability over similar machines which incorporate the movement via a manual handle mounted on the column.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
Also included with the 66B/68B models is our TdSix software package. Working via your DNC system, TdSix converts measured tool data into CNC code for direct loading into the machine controller and associated tool offset pages.
The 15" Colour Touch Screen on the 66B/68B is part of the UBUNTU Linux Operating System that includes the ability to zoom in at 30 x magnification via the high resolution camera.